Sarah Jane Smith realises that she and the Bannerman Road gang won't be able to defend the Earth forever, and an alien encounter may one day happen without their being able to do anything about it. She and Mr Smith start the Alien Files, a database of everything they know about the alien species they've dealt with, in hopes that it will remain as a resource for future generations.
- Title music - Murray Gold
- Music - Sam Watts and Dan Watts
- Script consultant - Phil Ford
- Graphics - BBC Wales Graphics
- Director of photography - Tim Knight
- Camera operator - Leon Hoser
- Sound recordist - Olly Astles-Jones
- Make-up - Emma Bailey
- Online editor - Paul Shields
- Dubbing mixer - Tony Greenwood
- Production executive - Dominic Parry
- Production manager - Jane Jenkins
- Editor - Ivan Probert
- For BBC Wales - Brian Minchin, Nikki Wilson
- Director - Pip Banyard
- Executive producers - Gillian Scothern, Russell T Davies
- Series producer - John Piper
- Mr Smith notes how Graske are physically similar, suggesting Graske may be a clone species like the Sontarans.
- Griffoth was the home planet of the Graske and one of the 27 stolen planets that were transported to the Medusa Cascade by the Daleks.
- The Graske use snare cables, snare guns and Graske teleportation devices.
- This episode features clips from Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?, The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith, and The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith.
- The non-narrative source Doctor Who: The Time Traveller's Almanac previously identified Griffoth as one of 27 planets.
- Sarah and Mr Smith recount their encounters with the Trickster. (TV: Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?, The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith, The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith)
- Sarah refers to Luke Smith's moving to university in TV: The Nightmare Man.
- Griffoth is noted by Mr Smith as one of the stolen planets. (TV: The Stolen Earth/Journey's End)