|Save the Humans!|
|Main setting:||Wumba's World of Wild, 41st century|
Strip Editor Gareth Roberts
|Printed in:||DWA 10|
|Release date:||10 August 2006|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parter (6 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Bizarre Zero||Bat Attack!|
The Doctor and Rose arrive at Wumba's World of Wild, an alien safari park (without meerkats!). They are rounded up and tranquillised, then put in the human enclosure, a reservation surrounded by a mile-high fence. In the enclosure the Doctor and Rose meet third wave Earth colonists from the 41st century. They were happily settled before aliens came and set up the park.
Among the surviving colonists (originally some 50,103) are Steve (team leader), Phoebe (welfare secretary) and Adam (arts and recreation officer). The colonists are forced to live like cavemen. They share the enclosure with genetically bred, meat-eating dinosaurs, for the entertainment and amusement of the visitors who regularly drive past in tour buses.
The Doctor takes over a tour bus. He uses his sonic screwdriver to override the steering controls and smashes through the reservations gate. This releases the dinosaurs into the park and sends the aliens fleeing. The Doctor leaves Steve a telepathic taxi's card explaining that he only has to think "0707 Get me out of here" should they decide to leave. However, the colonists have decided that it is such a beautiful planet they will stay and make a new life. As the sun starts to go down, Adam and Steve are seen are seen wandering off into the horizon, dressed only in their loincloths.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
- The close of the story directly relates to a long established phrase that "God created Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve!"
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 10 (6 pages split 4/2) * NEXT ISSUE: MORE DANGER AND ADVENTURES!
to be added