School of the Dead (comic story)Redirected from School of the Dead
|School of the Dead|
|Main setting:||England, Earth, 2008|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 54|
|Release date:||1 October 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 2 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|The Time Stealer||Ghosts from the Past|
Opening narration box edit
The evil Koltroxa has escaped from her temporal prison ...
The Doctor 'borrows' the Koltroxa's powerful necklace to track her down. The TARDIS arrives a hundred years in the future. The house is now a school. All the pupils have been turned into green-skinned zombies, drained of their life force by the Koltroxa, who is gaining in strength bleeding through from the future.
The Doctor holds her for a moment in a stasis beam emanating from his sonic screwdriver, but she fires energy bolts at him. The Doctor traps one of the energy bolts in the necklace and takes it outside. At the Doctor's touch, the crystal reverses the effect on the children. At the last minute, the Koltroxa snatches the necklace (a device that offers protection her from the ravages of time) and escapes! ...
- Tenth Doctor
- Donna Noble
- Koltroxa - Thought to have been a Time Lord myth, the Koltroxa was said to drift endlessly back and forth in time, until the time of her death where she'll be trapped.The self-proclaimed oldest creature in the Universe.
Original print details edit
- 2/4 DWBIT 54 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED…!
- No reprints to date.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip series of the Tenth Doctor’s adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with ‘props’ from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
to be added