|Affiliated with:||New Dalek Paradigm|
|Place of origin:||Earth orbit|
|First seen in:||Victory of the Daleks|
The original Scientist, along with the other original four Paradigm Daleks (the white Supreme, yellow Eternal, blue Strategist, and red Drone), were created when the three survivors of an encounter with the Doctor tricked the Eleventh Doctor into allowing them to activate the Progenitor device. It escaped through a time corridor with the others, and went on to help rebuild the Daleks. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
A Scientist Dalek sent an alien family plummeting through time and space while attempting to collect all the Time orbs. The Scientist recruited many Strategist Daleks and Drones. It also recruited big armies of Cybermen and Silurians as a distraction for the Eleventh Doctor and Amy. (GAME: The Mazes of Time)
Dalek Scientists were present in the Dalek Command Node when the Daleks invaded London in the year 2106 using a piece of the Eternity Clock. They were likely destroyed when the Doctor set the gas pipes built underneath the Command Node to explode. More Scientists were present on the Dalek Emperor's Flagship. (GAME: The Eternity Clock)
Behind the scenes Edit
- Mark Gatiss coined the name.
- Doctor Who Magazine nicknamed the Scientist Dalek the "Baked-bean Dalek".
- The Scientist Dalek is the only one of the five main New Dalek Paradigm ranks to not appear on-screen since their first appearance in Victory of the Daleks. At least one Dalek of every other rank has appeared in at least one TV story after.
- According to the non-narrative source Doctor Who The Official Annual 2011, the Scientist Dalek's role was to examine and formulate new weapons as well as to analyse the genetic and physiological make-up of the Daleks' enemies so that their weaknesses could be isolated.
- New Paradigm Scientist Dalek is one of Dalek enemies used in Doctor Who Legacy mobile game.