Scooby Doo was a popular animated television character on Earth that appeared in a TV series of the same name.
After unmasking the Hervoken-possessed Jim Tozier, Martha Jones guessed he would say that he "would have got away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids", a typical line for unmasked villains. (PROSE: Forever Autumn) Similarly, when the Eighth Doctor confronted Kai Tobias after exposing his scheme, he said "And I would have gotten away with it." Lucie Miller responded with "...if it weren't for us meddling kids?" (AUDIO: Phobos)
In 2016, when Ram Singh suggested that there could be a person running behind the walls and down concealed passageways, setting off projections or holograms in the old stone house, April MacLean called it a Scooby Doo ending to their investigations. (PROSE: The Stone House)
Behind the scenes Edit
- Among the pastiches of popular cartoon characters in The Crooked World are the Skeleton Crew, a group of teenagers and a dog who drive around in a van and solve mysteries. Team members Mike Leader, Harmony Looker, Thelma Brains, Tim Coward, and Fearless the dog each spoof a member of the show's team, Mystery Inc.
- Speaking through his character Emma, Steven Moffat cites his love of Scooby Doo, and compares the importance of Doctor Who to the Scooby Doo TV series.
- Rowan Atkinson later played Emile Mondavarious in 2002's Scooby-Doo.
- Scooby-Doo appears as a character in LEGO Dimensions.
- The two houses labelled a "Scooby Doo house" in both TV: Blink and TV: Knock Knock were, in reality, filmed at the same property.