|Main enemy:||The Cybermen|
The Android Horde
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Nicholas Briggs|
|Cover by:||Stuart Manning|
|Release date:||September 2005|
Publisher's summary Edit
The human race is about to become extinct.
THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR...
to be added
- Paul Hunt - Barnaby Edwards
- Samantha Thorn - Hannah Smith
- Captain Liam Barnaby - Mark McDonnell
- Admiral / President Karen Brett - Sarah Mowat
- President Duncan Levinson / Pilot - Toby Longworth
- Heliton / Vice-Admiral Charles Hendry / Glaust / Brett's father - Ian Brooker
- Comp - Samantha Sanns
- The Cybermen / The Cyber-Planner / Journalist / Guard - Nicholas Briggs
- Although more than 50,000 Earth troops were killed on Orius Beta VIII, it is considered a tactical victory as Admiral Karen Brett destroyed the Android 8th Fleet near Orius Beta V. He detonated a nuclear weapon on Orius Beta VIII, wiping out the Android Horde's remaining forces. She is promoted to the commander-in-chief of the Earth Empire's forces. Although the public see Brett as a hero, President Duncan Levinson regards her as dangerous.
- The Orion War has been going on for more than 20 years.
- Paul Hunt is a weapons and strategic expert who belongs to a secret government organisation known as Scorpius.
- President Levinson was elected President of Earth five years earlier on a wave of anti-war protests.
- The Isle of Wight is a penal colony.
- All androids are created in the image of humans.
- Mark McDonnell (Liam Barnaby) and Sarah Mowat (Karen Brett) previously played Alby Brook and Susan Mendes respectively in the first two series of the Dalek Empire audio series.
- Hannah Smith (Samantha Thorn) previously played the Mentor in Dalek Empire II: Dalek War.
- David Tennant makes an uncredited cameo appearance as a pilot in the Orion War.
- The White House is the official residence of the President of Earth. It would remain so until as late as 4041. (COMIC: Return of the Klytode)
- According to Paul Hunt, the secret government organisation Scorpius was formed in the aftermath of the Sword of Orion incident in the Garazone system in 2503. (AUDIO: Sword of Orion)
- Hunt left a message for President Levinson telling him that he was right and that he must cancel Scorpius. (AUDIO: Conversion)