|Scream of the Silent|
|Main enemy:||Shurans, Panduraskar|
|Printed in:||DWMS 25th Anniversary Special|
Scream of the Silent was a short story in DWMS 25th Anniversary Special.
The Doctor follows a psychic scream to the planet Tya, home of an Earth colony and the Tyans, a formerly advanced race which is now primitive. An archaeological expedition has uncovered the Barrier, an impenetrable shield more powerful than current force screen technology. The Doctor, with the aid of scientist Kalare, studies the symbols on the tunnel walls near the Barrier and realises that they are a mathematical formula which grants access to the interior. There, a voice requests that the Doctor bring its children to itself. The Doctor telepathically gives a Tyan the completed formula, causing all members of its race to rapidly evolve into new beings.
to be added
- The Doctor has a copy of The Complete Works of Plutarch which he borrowed from Library of Alexandria. There are also copies of À la recherche du temps perdu by Marcel Proust and a first edition of Grimm's Fairy Tales, filed under non-fiction.
- It is reportedly one of the rare occasions the Doctor travels alone.
- The Doctor muses on the fact his only form of ID is kept within a coat he has not worn for at least two regenerations.
- Kalare's uniform and tone of voice reminds the Doctor of the Brigadier.
to be added
- The Doctor sees a reflection of his first incarnation within the mirror. (TV: The Power of the Daleks)