Publisher's summary Edit
Pyramids of Mars is considered one of the many classic Doctor Who stories made in the three years Philip Hinchcliffe was in charge of the programme. This documentary looks at the Hinchcliffe era and attempts to discover what made this one of the most successful and popular periods in Doctor Who's history. Featuring contributions from actress Elisabeth Sladen, director David Maloney, writer Robert Banks Stewart, designers Christine Ruscoe and Roger Murray-Leach, as well as Hinchcliffe himself.
Main subject Edit
to be added
Additional topics covered Edit
to be added
People interviewed Edit
In order of credited appearance.
- Philip Hinchcliffe - Doctor Who Producer 1974-1977
- David Maloney - Director
- Robert Banks Stewart - Writer
- Jim Sangster - TV & Film Historian
- Roger Murray-Leach - Designer (archive footage)
- Gareth Roberts - TV Scriptwriter
- Andrew Beech - Doctor Who Consultant BBC Worldwide
- Alan Barnes - Co-Editor, "The Hammer Story"
- Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith
- Christine Ruscoe - Designer
- Mary Whitehouse - National Viewers & Listeners Association / Interviewed in 1993 (archive footage)
Home video releases Edit
It was included in the 2004 DVD release of Pyramids of Mars.