a real world point of view
|Shadow of Death|
|Featuring:||Eleventh Doctor (cameo)|
|Main setting:||A planet in orbit of a pulsar, 2724|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions / AudioGO|
|Read by:||Frazer Hines|
|Release date:||1 February 2013 (download)|
7 February 2013 (CD)
|Destiny of the Doctor|
|Hunters of Earth||Vengeance of the Stones|
Publisher's summary Edit
On further exploration the Doctor and his friends, Jamie and Zoe, discover a human outpost on the planet surface, inhabited by scientists who are there to study an ancient city. The city is apparently abandoned, but the scientists are at a loss to explain what happened to its sophisticated alien architects.
The Doctor discovers that something dark, silent and deadly is also present on the world - and it is slowly closing in on the human intruders...
- Jamie was born in 1724.
- Zoe has recently joined the TARDIS crew.
- The Doctor refers to his first incarnation's former companion Steven Taylor.
- Dr. Sophie Topolovic and her colleagues Woodbridge, Callaghan, Miles and Gough are members of the Fifth Galactic Surveyor Corps. Sophie blames the Doctor, Jamie and Zoe for Woodbridge's death.
- The Eleventh Doctor sends the Second Doctor a message using his psychic paper.
- The Second Doctor describes his eleventh incarnation's bow tie as "rather fetching."
- The Doctor spends several years on the surface of the planet.
- Evie Dawnay (Sophie Topolovic) previously played Pallis in AUDIO: Year Zero and Lilly in AUDIO: Survival of the Fittest.
- This audio drama was recorded on 28 September 2012.
- Jamie was 22 years old when he first met the Doctor in the aftermath of the Battle of Culloden on 16 April 1746. (TV: The Highlanders)
- Jamie recalls walking on the Moon in 2070. (TV: The Moonbase)
- The Doctor mentions that Jamie referred to aeroplanes as "flying beasties" during their visit to Gatwick Airport on 20 July 1966. (TV: The Faceless Ones)
- The Doctor refers to the Hostile Action Displacement System. (TV: The Krotons)