|Shadow of Humanity|
|Main character(s):||One in a Million Dalek|
|Printed in:||TV Century 21 86-89|
|Release date:||10 September - 1 October 1966|
|Reprinted in:||DWCC 17|
|Format:||Comic - 4 parts - 4 pages|
|The Dalek Chronicles|
|Legacy of Yesteryear||The Emissaries of Jevo|
When the Emperor commands the building of a new road to the Lake of Mutations, one of the Daleks questions his orders. The Emperor has the squad of Daleks taken for testing. He realises that the questioning of an order could lead to the destruction of the Dalek race.
Whilst clearing flowers from near the Lake of Mutations a Dalek discovers its humanity. The Dalek Emperor worries where this might lead.
It leads to Daleks proclaiming, "Protect Beauty...Flowers are Beautiful".
The Emperor finds a Dalek proclaiming this and claiming to be the new Dalek Emperor. Daleks begin stating that "Beauty is Strength", the Dalek Emperor then orders the Dalek's destruction.
- The Dalek Emperor knows that humanoids keep flowers.
Skaro locations Edit
- The One in a Million Dalek's qualities are presumably rare ancestral traits reasserting themselves but his "diseased brain" is blamed on an accident in manufacture.
- Both "human" and humanoid are used to describe the One in a Million Dalek's qualities.
- Daleks are laying down metal roads. These aren't strictly necessary for moving around, but Daleks still use electrified floors as late as the 25th century. (COMIC: City of the Daleks)
- TV: The Evil of the Daleks would revisit the threat of unidentifiable Daleks questioning orders.