Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Shadow of the Past|
|Main enemy:||The Mim|
|Music:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox & Lauren Yason|
|Cover by:||Iain Robertson|
|Release date:||30 April 2010|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|The Emperor of Eternity||The Time Vampire|
Publisher's summary Edit
There's a secret locked up in UNIT's Vault 75-73/Whitehall. Dr Elizabeth Shaw is the only one left who knows what that secret is. Returning to UNIT for the first time in decades, she slowly unravels the past. The vault contains the remains of a spaceship that crashed in the Pennines in the seventies. For the young Liz Shaw, the priority is to ensure the thing's safe. However, the Doctor is more concerned about the alien pilot and the chance this ship offers for escape. Can he resist the temptation, or will the Third Doctor turn on his friends?
to be added
to be added
Story notes Edit
- This audio drama was recorded on 11 August 2009.
- Liz refers to Mike Yates as "Captain Yates", which is at odds with his rank as given in the novel The Scales of Injustice, but is consistent with the audio story Vengeance of the Stones.
- The Doctor and the Brigadier are still not back on good terms after the bombing of the Silurian base on Wenley Moor, a few weeks earlier. (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians)
- Liz comments that her dissatisfaction with her role in UNIT arose because she felt all she had to do was tell the Doctor he was brilliant and pass him his test tubes. She later told the Brigadier this, because he used this to convince the Doctor to accept Jo Grant as his new assistant in TV: Terror of the Autons.
- The Sergeant who dies in the story is stated to be Benton's immediate predecessor, thus setting this story before TV: The Ambassadors of Death. Liz comments wryly upon the oddly British practice employed by UNIT of "hot sweet tea" salving all wounds.
- The Doctor is said to still be deeply offended at being imprisoned on Earth. (TV: Spearhead from Space)
- The Time Lord in a bowler hat appears in the TARDIS. He would later appear in TV: Terror of the Autons to warn the Doctor of the Master's arrival on Earth.