a real world point of view
|Main setting:||Island G12|
|Writer:||Simon A. Forward|
|Release date:||May 2003|
|Format:||Hardback Book, ? Pages|
|ISBN 1-903889-16-2 (Standard)|
ISBN 1-903889-17-0 (Limited)
|Telos Doctor Who novellas|
|Wonderland||The Cabinet of Light|
- For the mental affliction, see shell shock.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor is washed up -- literally -- on an alien beach with only intelligent crabs and a madman for company.
How can he possibly rescue Peri who was lost at sea the same time as he and the TARDIS? But Peri has problems of her own. "Rescued" from drowning by an intelligent sponge growth, she has been adopted by the life form as its own personal God.
As the denizens of the beach come under increasingly vicious attack, the Doctor must discover the vital truth in time to save all their lives.
to be added
- The Memory explores Peri's most traumatic memories. These include her transformation on Varos, the Doctor's brief attempt to strangle her following his regeneration, Sharaz Jek's fawning over her and her near drowning on Lanzarote.
- Peri's stepfather Howard sexually abused her when she was a teenager (telling her that it was their secret and that she wasn't to tell her Mom).
- This novella featured a front piece illustration by Bob Covington.
- As Peri retreats into her memories she recalls:
- Telos.co.uk page for Shell Shock
- Detailed synopsis of Shell Shock at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Shell Shock at The Whoniverse