- For the mental affliction, see shell shock.
Publisher's summary Edit
How can he possibly rescue Peri who was lost at sea the same time as he and the TARDIS? But Peri has problems of her own. "Rescued" from drowning by an intelligent sponge growth, she has been adopted by the life form as its own personal God.
As the denizens of the beach come under increasingly vicious attack, the Doctor must discover the vital truth in time to save all their lives.
to be added
- The Memory explores Peri's most traumatic memories. These include her transformation on Varos, the Doctor's brief attempt to strangle her following his regeneration, Sharaz Jek's fawning over her and her near drowning on Lanzarote.
- Peri's stepfather Howard Foster sexually abused her when she was a teenager, telling her that it was their secret and that she wasn't to tell her mother Janine Foster.
- This novella featured a front piece illustration by Bob Covington.
- The novella's forward was written by Guy N. Smith.
- As Peri retreats into her memories she recalls: