|Main enemy:||Cult of Shining Darkness|
|Main setting:||Uhlala, Andromeda Galaxy|
|Read by:||Debbie Chazen|
|Release date:||4 September 2008|
|Format:||Hardcover, 249 Pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|The Doctor Trap||The Story of Martha|
Shining Darkness was the twenty-first Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
For Donna Noble, the Andromeda galaxy is a long, long way from home. But, even two and a half million light years from Earth, some things never change . . . A visit to an art gallery turns into a race across space to uncover the secret behind a shadowy organisation. From the desert world of Karris to the interplanetary scrapyard of Junk, the Doctor and Donna discover that appearances can be deceptive, that enemies are lurking around every corner - and that the centuries-long peace between humans and machines may be about to come to an end. Because waiting in the wings to bring chaos to the galaxy is the Cult of Shining Darkness.
to be added
Crew of the Sword of Justice Edit
Members of the Cult of Shining Darkness Edit
- The Doctor mentions the periodical Delia's How To Boil Water.
- The Doctor asks Mother if she can send the Mechanicals to their room, claiming "that sometimes works". This is a reference to TV: The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances.
- Uhlala, Karris, Pasquite, Junk and Sentilli are in the Andromeda Galaxy.
- Napir Prime is in the Isop Galaxy.
- Boonie is from Dallendaf.
- Li'an is from Poopop.
- The machine on the front cover resembles both a Pyrovile and a Cyberman. It is named Mother.
- Shining Darkness has several references to Planet 1. This means it is set after The Doctor Trap.
- A paperback version of Shining Darkness was released in a book collection, along with PROSE: The Many Hands and PROSE: Prisoner of the Daleks.
- There is an error on Page 40. There are no quotation marks where Mesanth says 'You must be Donna, I'm Mesanth'
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor mentions Barbara the vending robot from PROSE: Sick Building.
- Huon particles are mentioned. (TV: The Runaway Bride)
- Donna recalls Pompeii (TV: The Fires of Pompeii) and the Ood-Sphere. (TV: Planet of the Ood)
- Donna recalls her experiences with robots: the robot Santas (TV: The Runaway Bride) and the robots on Planet 1. (PROSE: The Doctor Trap)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Shining Darkness at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Shining Darkness
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Debbie Chazen.