- You may be looking for the DWM backup comic story.
Ship of Fools was the fourth Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures novel.
Publisher's summary Edit
"So who do I have to kill to get off this cruise?"
When Krytell Industries offered Benny a small, slightly dubious and, um, unofficial job aboard the majestic space cruise-liner, the Titanian Queen, she jumped at the chance. After all, with an unlimited expense account, an entire new wardrobe and more strings of pearls and other jewels than you could shake an Art Deco stick at, what more could a poor girl want?
That was then.
Now, the luckless if remarkably deserving passengers of the Titanian Queen are dropping like flies. Are the deaths the work of the mysterious criminal known as the Cat's Paw? Or is the super-rich businessman Krytell himself somehow involved? And will the great detective, Emil Dupont, finally stop getting things completely and utterly wrong and solve it all in time for tea and muffins?
Whatever's happening, Benny had better discover the truth for herself, and discover it soon. Before she suddenly finds herself another highly deplorable crime statistic.
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield
- Irving Braxiatel
- Marcus Krytell
- Isabel Blaine (aka Cat's Paw)
- Emil Dupont
- Captain Iolanthe Crane
Foods and beverages Edit
- Mention is made that humans first made contact with aliens in the 22nd century.
- Olabrian joy-luck crystals are complex, interlocking, lattice-globes of quasi-living crystal hewn from the heart of Olabria's satellites.
- The Titanian Queen was undertaking its maiden voyage, a pleasure cruise through the Proximan Chain. It stopped off at Shokesh during the trip.
to be added
- The Cat's Paw was previously mentioned in PROSE: Oh No It Isn't!, Dragons' Wrath and Beyond the Sun.
- The Czhans previously appeared in PROSE: Death and Diplomacy.
- There is a vague reference to PROSE: Return of the Living Dad in that Benny didn't know her father until late in her life.
- Franz Kryptosa was first mentioned in PROSE: Dragons' Wrath and appears in Down.