This adaptation of the twenty-fifth anniversary Doctor Who story has the distinction of being the final novelisation to be published during the run of the original series.
Publisher's summary Edit
1989 edition Edit
Evil powers await the statue's return: the neo-nazis de Flores and his stormtroopers; Lady Peinforte, who saw Nemesis exiled in 1638 and has propelled herself forward in time; and the advance party of a Cyberman invasion force.
This story celebrates 25 years of Doctor Who on television.
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The crash of the Nemesis comet and the battle between the Cybermen and De Flores's men occurs on a housing estate construction site rather than wasteground.
- Mrs. Remington is called Lavinia P. Hackensack and is said to be from Connecticut instead of Virginia.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- The swastika symbol was far more visable in Alister Pearson's original cover design before being scaled down and given less prominence in the final cover.
- Dedication: “For D H F Somerset with all my gratitude”
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
First Publication: Paperback (November 1989)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. One single paperback edition, (estimated print run: 22,000) priced £1.99 (UK.
Re-issues: (September 1993)
- Target / Virgin Publishing. One single paperback edition, priced £3.50 (UK)featuring a new cover by Alistair Pearson.