Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Based on:||Silver Nemesis|
|Main setting:||Windsor, England, 1638 and 1988|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Cover by:||Alister Pearson|
|Release date:||16 November 1989|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 11 Chapters, 138 Pages|
|The Happiness Patrol||The Greatest Show in the Galaxy|
This adaptation of the twenty-fifth anniversary Doctor Who story has the distinction of being the final novelisation to be published during the run of the original series.
Publisher's summary Edit
1989 edition Edit
Evil powers await the statue's return: the neo-nazis de Flores and his stormtroopers; Lady Peinforte, who saw Nemesis exiled in 1638 and has propelled herself forward in time; and the advance party of a Cyberman invasion force.
This story celebrates 25 years of Doctor Who on television.
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The crash of the Nemesis comet and the battle between the Cybermen and De Flores's men occurs on a housing estate construction site rather than wasteground.
- Mrs. Remington is called Lavinia P. Hackensack and is said to be from Connecticut instead of Virginia.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- The swastika symbol was far more visable in Alister Pearson's original cover design before being scaled down and given less prominence in the final cover.
- Dedication: “For D H F Somerset with all my gratitude”
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
First Publication: Paperback (November 1989)
- Target / W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. One single paperback edition, (estimated print run: 22,000) priced £1.99 (UK.
Re-issues: (September 1993)
- Target / Virgin Publishing. One single paperback edition, priced £3.50 (UK)featuring a new cover by Alistair Pearson.