|Sisters of the Flame|
|Main enemy:||Cristophe Zarodnix, Sisterhood of Karn|
|Main setting:||The Zarodnix Corporation, Gallifrey ,Karn|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Andy Hardwick and Gareth Jenkins|
|Cover by:||Grant Kempster|
|Release date:||July 2008|
|Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|The Zygon Who Fell to Earth||The Vengeance of Morbius|
Sisters of the Flame was the seventh release of the second series of Big Finish Productions' Eighth Doctor Adventures audio stories. This audio featured a return of the planet Karn that last appeared in the 2002 novel Warmonger and was introduced in the 1976 television story The Brain of Morbius.
Publisher's summary Edit
The richest man in the galaxy has just bought a backwards planet with no obvious mineral wealth in the outer reaches of the universe. An obscure mystical sect has been revived after centuries of neglect. A new race of aliens are hunting for prey. Why?
As the Doctor and Lucie attempt to discover the answer, it becomes clear that someone is attempting to resurrect the past — and they need a Time Lord to help them achieve it.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller - Sheridan Smith
- Zarodnix - Kenneth Colley
- Rosto - Alexander Siddig
- Straxus - Nickolas Grace
- Bulek / Eurelz Captain - Barry McCarthy
- Haspira / Trell - Nicola Weeks
- Orthena / Trell - Katarina Olsson
- Galactinet - Barnaby Edwards
- The Doctor and Lucie land on the Eurelz.
Communications technology Edit
- The Galactinet is a supralight microwave information network transmitted across hyperspatial conduits.
- The Trell are ten-foot long intelligent centipedes.
- This story marks the first appearance of the Sisterhood of Karn in an audio play.
- This audio drama was recorded on 20 August 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 7 on 31 October 2008.
- The Sisterhood of Karn and Morbius previously appeared in TV: The Brain of Morbius.
- Straxus previously appeared in AUDIO: Human Resources.
- Official Sisters of the Flame page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Sisters of the Flame at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide