Publisher's summary Edit
SkyPoint is the latest high-rise addition to the ever-developing Cardiff skyline. It's the most high-tech, avant-garde apartment block in the city. And it's where Rhys Williams is hoping to find a new home for himself and Gwen. When Torchwood discover that residents have been going missing from the tower block, one of the team gets her dream assignment. Soon, SkyPoint's latest newly married tenants are moving in. And Toshiko Sato finally gets to make a home with Owen Harper. Then something comes out of the wall...
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness
- Gwen Cooper
- Toshiko Sato
- Owen Harper
- Ianto Jones
- Rhys Williams
- Besnik Lucca
- Brian Shaw
- Ewan Lloyd
- Wendy Lloyd
- Alison Lloyd
- Rhys and Gwen have just returned from their ten-day honeymoon to Cuba.
- The novel takes place at the exact same time as the short story Plant Life, both featuring Gwen's first day back to work after her honeymoon. In both Gwen tells Jack that she is retaining her name professionally.
- Tosh has gone through the records of past team members and had noted all had died "on the job". But the novel Trace Memory indicates Charles Cromwell left Torchwood in 1975 and lived for another thirty years.
- This book is also available as an ebook from the Amazon Kindle store.
- Gwen remembers getting pregnant on her hen night (TV: Something Borrowed) and the first time she saw a Weevil in the Royal Cardiff Infirmary (TV: Everything Changes). The reference is made to the fact that Rhys has encountered a few aliens in the past few months. (TV: Meat, Something Borrowed, COMIC: Harm's Way, PROSE: Pack Animals)
- Gwen suspects that Brian Shaw was taken by the Rift, a concept that is further explored in TV: Adrift.
- It has been two months since TV: Reset and just under two weeks since TV: Something Borrowed.
- Toshiko mentions that it's September. The novel Pack Animals takes place in October, and is set before Gwen's wedding in Something Borrowed.