Sky Jacks (comic story)
|Main enemy:||The Matrix|
|Main setting:||The Doctor's TARDIS|
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who (2012) #9 - 12|
|Release date:||May 2013 - August 2013|
|Format:||American comic book 4 issues|
|Doctor Who (2012)|
|Space Oddity||Dead Man's Hand|
The TARDIS has recently been on the fritz, but now it has gone completely out of control. And the Doctor is nowhere to be found! Meanwhile, white holes have been forming throughout time and space, sucking in everything around them. What does the Hypothetical Gentleman have to do with it all?
to be added
- Priyan says that The Doctor has rejected his name and stands against the Time Lords with the Moment.
- The Doctor mentions Omega, Rassilon, the Valeyard, and the Master as enemies that could return as virtual memories locked inside the Matrix.
- The TARDIS has a LEGO room.
- The Sky Jack was sent to deliver a third atomic bomb over Japan in the Second World War.
- The story features a number of similarities to TV: Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS, including several views of the interior of the TARDIS (including a library), and a scene in which Clara unwisely presses a red button after ruminating over whether it's a bad idea to do so or not.
- At the time of Clara's debut in the IDW series, she had yet to debut in the Doctor Who Magazine comic strip, marking the first time a current TV companion has appeared in an American comic before DWM has featured the character.
- Clara has a bedroom in the TARDIS even though Series 7 established that she is not in ongoing residence aboard the ship. The TARDIS later deliberately makes it disappear because it is not keen on housing her as a companion. (HOMEVID: Clara and the TARDIS)
- Priyan and Engin talk about Lord President Rassilon's Final Sanction. (TV: The End of Time)
- An incarnation of the Doctor is mentioned to have rejected his name. (TV: The Name of the Doctor, The Night of the Doctor)
Cover gallery edit