|Companion(s):||Benny, Roz, Chris|
|Main setting:||Sloathe Pocket Universe|
|Release date:||20 July 1995|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 34 Chapters, 337 Pages|
|Virgin New Adventures|
Publisher's summary Edit
Avast, ye scurvies!
Hoist the mainbrace, splice the anchor and join the Doctor and Benny for the maiden voyage of the good ship Schirron Dream, as it ventures into the fungral dark of air spaces occupied by the Sloathes - those villainous slimy evil shapeshifting monsters of utter and unmitigated evil that have placed a system under siege!
Watch Roslyn Forrester and Chris Cwej have a rough old time of it in durance vile! Meet the intrepid Captain Li Shao, and the beautiful if somewhat single-minded Sun Samurai Leetha t'Zhan! Roast on the dunes of Prometheus, swelter in the foetid jungles of Anea, swim with the Obi-Amphibians of Elysium and freeze off inconvenient items of anatomy on the ice wastes of Reklon in an apparently doomed search for the Eyes of the Schirron, the magickal jewels that will either save the system or destroy it utterly!
Who will live? Who will die? Will the Doctor ever play the harmonium again? All these questions and many more will be answered within the coruscating, fibrillating pages of ... Sky Pirates!
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Roz Forrester
- Chris Cwej
- Nathan li Shao
- Sgloomi Po
- Trenkor Lep
- Sekor Dom Sloathe
- Head Invaders: Asinine Quasi-Psychological Old Toot of Your Times is published in 1997 and features contributions from Bernice Summerfield.
Drugs and medicines Edit
- Chris Cwej is around twenty years old. He's well endowed.
- The Doctor turns Chris into a lizard whilst they're in the TARDIS.
- Bernice works as a strip club waitress for some of this novel.
- Sloathes are hermaphrodites, vulnerable to radiation.
- Snatas feed on fear and terror.
- The inhabitants of the System are hybrids of humans, Silurians, Sasquatches, Draconians, Solarians and various other species.
Time Lords Edit
- Following (one of) the Time Wars, the Time Lords pattern encoded their unborn with a multi-dimensional response to kill their ancient enemies.
Time wars Edit
- The Time Wars mentioned in this novel relate to when the Time Lords first achieved time travel. These wars were to eliminate potential threats.
- The reality bomb that nearly destroyed the TARDIS was the remnant of one of the species retroactively eliminated from the timeline during the War.
- According to author Dave Stone, this story is part of a trilogy consisting of Sky Pirates!, Death and Diplomacy and the Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures novel Oblivion.
- It is implied that the Time Lords wiped out a race that could achieve a similar mastery of space and time; a similar idea is considered in AUDIO: Zagreus.
- The crew of the Schirron Dream reappear in PROSE: Oblivion.