|Main setting:||Sky City, Earth 453rd Century|
|Printed in:||DWA 140|
|Release date:||5 November 2009|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parter (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|The Ghost Factory||Highway Robbery|
Sky City is the showpiece of civilisation on Earth in the 453rd century, a floating city in the sky! As the Tenth Doctor gives Heather a guided tour, he points out the old New Eurozone, which was destroyed in the Genetic Soil Wars. The Doctor explains to Heather about the high taxes people pay to live in Sky City because of the expensive anti-gravity generator it uses. They are knocked over by a man who passes Heather an egg-shaped object which the pursuing city police (the Cops), believe to be proof that she is another wanted associate of the Anti-Antigravity Activist organisation.
The Doctor goes in search of the escaped AAA member to prove Heather's innocence. He finds him in a bar. The man identifies himself as Laydon. He explains that he is not a saboteur but possibly holds the key to the city's future. The egg-like device that Laydon passed to Heather, which the Doctor kept hold of, was an advanced gravity converter ten times more powerful than the one Sky City uses: smaller, energy saving and much cheaper to use. Laydon explains that the rulers of Sky City wouldn't like it. They prefer the high taxes, so the AAA has to keep pestering them.
As the Cops close in on them, the Doctor uses the personal gravity converter to make his escape. He rescues Heather by convincing the city rulers of the huge benefits. Sky City, with thanks to the Doctor, apologises to the AAA and Laydon in particular for his invention.
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to modify the advanced gravity converter.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were very much aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 140 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! It's highway robbery for the Doctor and Heather!
to be added