|Main setting:||Arctic Base Skywatch-7|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 58|
Doctor Who Winter Special
|Release date:||November - December 1981|
|Reprinted in:||Doctor Who Magazine 85|
Doctor Who 21 and22
|Format:||B&W 2 parts / 8 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|Black Sun Rising||The Gods Walk Among Us|
|DWMS comic stories|
Part one Edit
UNIT Arctic base Skywatch-7 (12/12/85) loses radio contact after a meteor landing is detected. John Campbell goes out to investigate, leaving Tobey in charge, but returns having found no sign. In the night John smashes up the radio link and fearful of a lighter flame runs outside. When the other soldiers (Captain Hawks, Lederer, Tobey) follow, they are faced with a Zygon.
Part two Edit
Going in pursuit, the soldiers witness changing footprints in the snow, indicating that the creature can change shape, and follow them to the vehicle shed. Wrongly shooting the real Campbell who is wandering around dazed, they drive the alien creature onto the ice with gunfire and send it sinking beneath the frozen waters.
to be added
- The original publication of part two in DWMS Winter 1981 included the following footnote under the opening frame: "Continued from Doctor Who Monthly 58 — still on sale!"
- A caption on the final page reads: "Zygons are instinctively afraid of flame. See Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster by Terrance Dicks."
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- Reprinted in full in DWM 85 retaining the part one and two division which fitted in with the regular eight page comic strip split of four pages at the front and four at the back. There is no regular Doctor Who comic strip in this issue for reasons that were never explained.
- Coloured and reprinted by Marvel in DW84 21 and 22.
to be added