|Featuring:||Gwen, Tosh, Ianto, Owen|
|Main enemy:||Scotus, Alien tapeworms|
|Read by:||Burn Gorman|
|Release date:||11 January 2007|
|Format:||Hardcover Book, 251 Pages|
|BBC Torchwood novels|
|Border Princes||Something in the Water|
Slow Decay was the third release in the BBC Torchwood Novels series.
Publisher's summary Edit
When Torchwood track an energy surge to a Cardiff nightclub, the team finds the police are already at the scene. Five teenagers have died in a fight, and lying among the bodies is an extraterrestrial device. Next morning, they discover the corpse of a Weevil, its face and neck eaten away, seemingly by human teeth. And on the streets of Cardiff, an ordinary woman with an extraordinary hunger is attacking people and eating her victims.
The job of a lifetime it might be, but working for Torchwood is putting big strains on Gwen's relationship with Rhys. While she decides to spice up their love life with the help of alien technology, Rhys decides it's time to sort himself out — better music, healthier food, lose some weight. Luckily, a friend has mentioned Doctor Scotus's weight-loss clinic...
- Captain Jack Harkness
- Gwen Cooper
- Toshiko Sato
- Owen Harper
- Ianto Jones
- Dr Scotus
- Craig Sutherland
- PC Jimmy Mitchell
- Marianne Till
to be added
- The plotline of medical malpractice and treatment using an alien parastite is similar to the Torchwood television story Reset.
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook on 3x CD read by Burn Gorman.
- The audiobook is also available as a download from the AudioGo website.
- The Tenth Doctor investigated a completely different weight loss programme in TV: Partners in Crime.
- Slow Decay at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Slow Decay at The Whoniverse