Smart Bombs (comic story)Redirected from Smart Bombs
|Main enemy:||an Arcadian representative|
|Printed in:||DWA 14|
|Release date:||3 October 2006|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parter (6 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
It's not long after arriving on a sunny, flower-filled planet that the Tenth Doctor manages to fall down a deep hole. He is joined by Rose, who accepts a lift down from an Arcadian representative using his anti-gravity umbrella. The Doctor has met a group of almost child-like Smart Bombs (missiles with personalities). The missiles are all that remain of a war in which both sides wiped each other out.
The representative offers the missiles their freedom and a way out (through a folding teleportal) to the Planet of Toys. The missiles are excited, but the Doctor's suspicions are correct. The representative wants to unleash the missiles on the planet Zlaow and bomb it to oblivion.
Using his sonic screwdriver on the anti-gravity umbrella, the representative is sent through the portal to be stranded on the very planet he wanted to destroy. The missiles are very upset at not going to the Planet of Toys and activate Big Brother, a long-range nuclear missile, who gets angry and explodes. The Doctor and Rose make a hasty exit before a hole in the roof of the missile base allows the missiles to escape and go off to explore for a while.
- Fat Boy
- Little Man
- Whizz Bang
- Big Brother (not so smart)
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 14 (6 pages split 4/2) MORE ADVENTURES NEXT ISSUE!