Snakedance was a novelisation based on the 1983 television serial Snakedance.
Publisher's summary Edit
But Tegan, once again a member of the TARDIS crew, is not her own boss. An unsuspecting medium for the sinister Mara, she enables the evil exile to return to his home planet.
On Manussa the ten-yearly celebration of the Mara's banishment is about to take place. Only the Doctor realises that this could in fact mark the spectacular revival of the reign of terror-but no one will heed his warning.
Chapter titles Edit
- Cave of the Snake
- Voice of the Mara
- Hall of Mirrors
- The Sign of the Mara
- Dinner with Ambril
- Dojjen's Journal
- The Origin of Evil
- Death Sentence
- The Escape
- The Becoming of the Mara
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The Fortune Teller's name is given as Madame Zara.
- The Doctor explains that "Sumaran Empire" translates to "Empire of the Mara."
- Scenes on life on Manussa and supporting characters is expanded upon.
- The Doctor reflects on how no one listened to him until it was too late.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This was the second Fifth Doctor serial novelisation to not use a photographic cover after The Five Doctors, although it still features a photo of Peter Davison.
- Although number #83 in the Doctor Who library, the book was actually the 84th to be released. It was swapped in the publication order with the novelisation of Kinda late in the day, without the numbers being reassigned.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK