- You may be looking for the Torchwood television story.
Publisher's summary Edit
A wedding on the planet Koturia turns out to be a far more dangerous proposition than the Sixth Doctor and Peri ever expected. It marks the return of a formidable old foe whose genius matches the Doctor's. Can the Doctor outwit this villain, save Peri and stop the wedding in time?
to be added
The Doctor Edit
- A previous incarnation has visited Koturia before, saving the life of Evris Makshi. Peri guesses that this was the Fifth Doctor.
- Koturians are capable of a form of regeneration.
- Koturia was modelled after Las Vegas, making it another New Vegas, and contained replicas of the Sahara and the Flamingo hotel and casinos.
Cultural references Edit
- The person officiating at the wedding is dressed like Elvis Presley.
- Koturian culture has taken the garish "Vegas wedding" concept and turned it into an event of major cultural significance.
- The Doctor uses his sonic lance.
- The story is told in first person from Peri Brown's perspective. It is one of only a handful of officially published Doctor Who prose pieces to be told in this format.
- This is the first story since the 2005 television revival of Doctor Who began in which the Rani has appeared in any media.
- The Doctor states that the time period is about 200 years later than Peri's current time period.
- An audiobook of the story was read by Sophie Aldred.
- Peri remarks that the last time they met the Rani, the Doctor left her with a T.Rex in her TARDIS. This story has to take place before their next encounter with the Rani (State of Change) which takes place after Revelation of the Daleks.