Songs of Love was the second story in the audio anthology Doom Coalition 4, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured Alex Kingston as River Song, Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka and Hattie Morahan as Helen Sinclair.
Publisher's summary Edit
Left to fend for herself against a bunch of power-hungry plotters hell-bent on destroying the universe, what choice does a girl have but to throw in her lot with the winning side? Using her past to her advantage, River Song returns to the ancestral seat of the Time Lords to make her last stand.
to be added
- River Song - Alex Kingston
- Padrac - Robert Bathurst
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Helen Sinclair - Hattie Morahan
- The Sonomancer - Emma Cunniffe
- The Eleven - Mark Bonnar
- Veklin - Beth Chalmers
- Volstrom - Vince Leigh
- Presidential Aide - Sasha Behar
- Jerastra - Olivia Poulet
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- River has a binary vascular system.
- According to Padrac, the Capitol of Gallifrey, like TARDISes, also has the ability "to change its interior decor to suit the mood of its occupants".
- This is the first and, in fact, only Doctor-lite story of Doom Coalition.
- Despite the fact that Padrac foreshadows the possibility of a time war, Matt Fitton says that the events of The Night of the Doctor, and even the Last Great Time War are "still a long way away". (VOR 97)
- Gallifrey's records of River Song include the fact that she is linked to a fixed point in time at Lake Silencio, on Earth, where she assassinates a future incarnation of the Doctor. (TV: The Impossible Astronaut, The Wedding of River Song)
- The Doctor temporarily remembers meeting River many times before. He mentions the Great Storm, (AUDIO: The Eye of the Storm) the Discordia, (AUDIO: Someone I Once Knew) and Vienna. (AUDIO: A Requiem for the Doctor)
- Time Lords use infostamps. (TV: The Next Doctor)
- River talks about being the Child of the TARDIS. (TV: Let's Kill Hitler, PROSE: River of Time)
- River's double hearts are mentioned. (AUDIO: The Eye of the Storm)