|Main enemy:||Von Neumann seeding probe|
|Main setting:||Fort Casey, Nevada|
|Read by:||Nicholas Pegg|
|Release date:||23 August 2013|
|The Ripple Effect||The Beast of Babylon|
|Another audio clip|
Publisher's summary Edit
In a small town in the Nevada desert, an alien pathogen has reduced the entire population to a seething mass of black slime. When the Eighth Doctor arrives, he realises this latest threat to humanity is horrifyingly familiar — it is a virus which almost annihilated his entire race, the Time Lords...
to be added
- A grocery store has a pink, neon Budweiser beer sign above its door.
- The pathogen arrived on Gallifrey more than a thousand years before the Doctor was born, killing several hundred Time Lords.
- The Doctor shines his torch on a Chevrolet and a Honda.
- The pathogen/spore is a von Neumann seeding probe, named after John von Neumann who theorised the probe's possibility.
- This is the first eShort to feature a new companion.
- An audiobook of the story was read by Nicholas Pegg.
- The Doctor calls UNIT the "Unified Intelligence Taskforce" rather than the "United Nations Intelligence Taskforce," a name change that only started with the revived series in 2005.