|Main enemy:||Cardinal Zero|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Mike Maddox (based on a short story by Paul Cornell)|
|Part of:||Circular Time|
|Release date:||January 2007|
|Format:||1 X 25 min.|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Year of the Pig||Summer|
Spring was a 2007 Big Finish Productions full-cast audio short story. It featured the Fifth Doctor and Nyssa. It featured the Doctor meeting another Time Lord who had "gone native" on an unnamed world inhabited by an avian species. It was perhaps most notable for its theme of how to construct a valid system of jurisprudence.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Hoodeye - Jamie Sandford
- Redklaw - Toby Longworth
- Carrion - Lois Baxter
- Snowfire - Teresa Gallagher
- Zero - Hugh Fraser
- The Doctor mentions jelly babies and his fourth incarnation's scarf.
- The Doctor claims that a Time Lord is required to regenerate before serving a period of exile.
- Zero is from the Prydonian Chapter of Time Lords, the same chapter that the Doctor belongs to.
- The Council of the Great Mother is a Time Lord organisation.
- According to a 20 November 2006 blog post, Mike Maddox wrote this story based on a short story by Paul Cornell.
- This was the first in a series of stories named after seasons.
- Lord Cardinal Zero's regeneration at the end of this story is the only instance of a Time Lord regenerating into a different species.
- Nyssa suggests the Doctor might be afraid of heights after his fourth incarnation's fatal fall from the Pharos Project's telescope on 1 March 1981. (TV: Logopolis)
- Zero refers to the Doctor's first trial on Gallifrey and his consequent forced regeneration into the Third Doctor. (TV: The War Games)