- You may be looking for the titular phenomenon.
St Anthony's Fire was the thirty first New Adventures novel and featured the Seventh Doctor, Ace and Bernice Summerfield. This was writer Mark Gatiss' second and final contribution to the Virgin New Adventures range.
Publisher's summary Edit
"No time. They have come. They have come at last."
The Doctor and Bernice visit Betrushia, a planet famous for its beautiful ring system. They soon discover that the rain-drenched jungles are in turmoil. A vicious, genocidal war is raging between the lizard-like natives. The ground itself is wracked by mysterious earthquakes. And an unknown force is moving inexorably forwards, devastating everything in its path.
With time running out, the Doctor must save the people of Betrushia from their own terrible legacy before the wrath of St Anthony's Fire is visited upon them all.
Chapter Titles Edit
- Planet of Death
- Battle Fatigue
- The Eleventh Colony
- Raining Stones
- Church Triumphant
- Pale Horseman
- Servus Servorum Dei
- Infernal Machines
- Attack from the Unknown
- The Rings of Betrushia
- Return of the Keth
- Papal Bull
- Yellow Fever
- Slayed in Flame
- Time Before
- Revenge of the Chaptermen
- Sun Stroke
- St. Anthony's Fire
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Bernice Summerfield
- Magna Yong
- Parva De Hooch
- Chapterman Jones
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor fixes the chameleonic fluctuation affecting the TARDIS exterior, amoung other repairs he's been making over the past several weeks.
- He wonders, disconcertingly, if someone else is living in the TARDIS.
- When the Doctor encountered the Urbankans he had a vacuum-resistant propulsion-powered cricket ball.
- The Doctor enjoys playing nine dimensional scrabble.
- Bernice researches (using the TARDIS library) the Shovoran dynasty and finds some interesting information on the Tytheg, a humanoid race.
- Ace gets brainwashed by the Chapter of Saint Anthony, gets her head shaved and walks around naked on their mothership.
- The Doctor is still wearing the three piece linen suit he "recently adopted". (PROSE: White Darkness)
- When wandering the TARDIS one day, Ace discovered the Eighth Door. (AUDIO: Neverland)
- The poor quality of the Ismetch dirigibles make Benny think of the more advanced Silurian airships. (PROSE: Blood Heat)
- When adrift in space, the Doctor wishes he had his vacuum resistant and propulsion powered cricket ball. (TV: Four to Doomsday)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: St Anthony's Fire at The Whoniverse
- Prelude to St Anthony's Fire as published in DWM #217
- The Cloister Library: St Anthony's Fire