In the Pre-Universe, stars were doughnut-shaped. (PROSE: Millennial Rites) In the current universe, they were spherical. In the After-Universe, the stars were spherical, but usually green. (COMIC: The Stockbridge Child)
Stars gave off a wide range of radiation, including ultraviolet light, visible light and more dangerous radiation. (PROSE: The Sons of the Crab) Stars of sufficiently large size would destroy themselves in a supernova.
Classification of Stars Edit
- Metallicity: Population 0 (PROSE: Synthespians™) and in one universe, ranging from I, II to III (PROSE: The Infinity Doctors).
- Spectral class: Ranging from O, B, A, F, G, K to M.
Other types of Stars Edit
In general, only more advanced species were capable of manipulating or using stars.
- The Time Lords were capable of controlling stars to their own ends. They used stellar manipulators like the Hand of Omega to control stars. (TV: Remembrance of the Daleks) They were said to have invented black holes, (TV: The Satan Pit) and used the black holes to power their time travel (TV: The Three Doctors, The Deadly Assassin).
- The Great Old Ones could be returned to their bodies by the positions of the stars. Unfortunately for them, the constant expansion of the universe meant the stars would never return to their proper positions. (PROSE: White Darkness)
- The early Chronovore fed on stars. (PROSE: The Dark Path)
- The Osirian GodEngine was capable of destroying a star. (PROSE: GodEngine)
Other References Edit
- The reality bomb caused the destruction of all reality, making the stars seem to "go out". (TV: Turn Left, Journey's End)
- The total event collapse, the destruction of the universe, caused every star to supernova. (TV: The Pandorica Opens)
- Torajii was a living star. (TV: 42)
- The Gryphon was made of artificial stars. (COMIC: In the Stars)