Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Donna are on the trail of an alien spaceship...
On the TARDIS scanner the Doctor and Donna see a second alien pod, this time in the middle of the Arizona desert. They emerge five minutes before the actual crash. They see something leave the short range escape pod before they find the pod's dead pilot (a three eyed many tentacled body).
Outside the pod, the alien escapee has mutated into a nearby entity, not a cactus but a giant rattlesnake. Retreating to the safety of the pod, the Doctor wires up the craft's auxiliary power to send a charge through the hull of the ship which the snake has wrapped itself around. The creature is simply angered and the Doctor activates the pod's auto-destruct system before legging it with Donna. The creature and pod are destroyed.
Back in the TARDIS the Doctor detects on the scanner an alien mother ship about to enter Earth's atmosphere...
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip series of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth when compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 2/4 DWBIT 46 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...
- No reprints to date.
to be added