|Sting of the Zygons|
|Main setting:||Lake District, 16 September 1909|
|Read by:||Reggie Yates}|
|Release date:||19 April 2007|
|Format:||Hardcover, 248 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|The Price of Paradise||The Last Dodo|
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS lands the Doctor and Martha in the Lake District in 1909, where a small village has been terrorised by a giant, scaly monster. The search is on for the elusive "Beast of Westmorland", and explorers, naturalists and hunters from across the country are descending on the fells. King Edward VII himself is on his way to join the search, with a knighthood for whoever finds the Beast. But there is a more sinister presence at work in the Lakes than a mere monster on the rampage, and the Doctor is soon embroiled in the plans of an old and terrifying enemy. And as the hunters become the hunted, a desperate battle of wits begins — with the future of the entire world at stake...
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- Victor Meredith
- Ian Lunn
- Nanny Flock
- Claude Romand
- Lord Haleston
- Edward Lunn
- Mrs Unswick
- Ian Lunn was born in 1896.
- This novel was reprinted by BBC Books on 6 March 2014 as The Monster Collection Edition. An e-book version was also released.
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Reggie Yates.
- Before the company went into administration, the audiobook was available as a download from the AudioGo website.
- An unabridged reading of the story was produced for the RNIB, read by Tim Bruce.
- Martha mentions that she'd had enough of New York City, and recalls her past visit in TV: Daleks in Manhattan / Evolution of the Daleks. Prior to that story, she claimed to have always wanted to visit the city.
- The Doctor wears a yellow-and-red-striped scarf. The Doctor previously had a great enthusiasm for colourful scarves in his fourth incarnation. (TV: Robot, et al)
- The Doctor tells Victor Meredith that he used to be a motorcar enthusiast, specifically during his third incarnation. (TV: Spearhead from Space, et al)
- The Doctor claims that Martha is once again from Freedonia. (TV: The Shakespeare Code)
- The Doctor refers to his expertise in augmented delta waves. (TV: Kinda)
- The Zygons last appeared on screen in TV: Terror of the Zygons and in print in PROSE: The Bodysnatchers.
- In contradiction to PROSE: The Bodysnatchers, Zygon bodyprinting is able to scan and copy the Doctor. In the former story, the sheer load of the Doctor's memories overloaded the system.
- The Doctor names all of Mrs Unswick's horses Arthur, just as he did in TV: The Girl in the Fireplace.
- The Tenth Doctor would encounter the Zygons once again in England in 1562 in the company of two of his other incarnations, the War Doctor and the Eleventh Doctor. (TV: The Day of the Doctor)
- Sting of the Zygons at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Sting of the Zygons at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Sting of the Zygons