|Affiliated with:||New Dalek Paradigm|
|Place of origin:||Earth Orbit|
|First seen in:||Victory of the Daleks|
The Strategist Dalek was a blue, specialised Dalek of the New Dalek Paradigm. The first one was created by the Progenitor in 1941. It was created with the purpose of acting as a battle planner for Dalek troops.
The original Strategist, along with the other original four Paradigm Daleks (the white Supreme, yellow Eternal, orange Scientist, and red Drone), were created when the three survivors of the fallen New Dalek Empire tricked the Eleventh Doctor into allowing them to activate the Progenitor device. The original Strategist's first act was to exterminate two of its predecessors (a painted "Ironside" and its unpainted comrade). It escaped through a Time corridor with the others when their plan to destroy Earth failed, and went on to help establish a massive third Dalek empire. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
A Chief Strategist, one of a higher rank of Strategist Daleks, was in command of the platoon that attacked Station 7, with several other Strategists, Scientists and Drones under its leadership. (COMIC: The Only Good Dalek) When the Daleks reintroduced the bronze casing for standard Dalek foot soldiers, a Black Dalek took up a similar role. (COMIC: The Dalek Project)
Several Strategists were present in the Dalek Emperor's flagship when the Daleks invaded Earth with a piece of the Eternity Clock in 2106. River Song was chased by one of the Strategists in a devastated London as she traversed a ruined building. (GAME: The Eternity Clock)
Behind the scenes Edit
- According to Doctor Who Confidential, the name "Strategist Dalek" was coined by Mark Gatiss as one of the new styles of Daleks. Gatiss also coined the names of the White Supreme, Drone and Scientist Daleks.
- Matt Smith stated in Confidential that the "blue" Dalek was his personal favourite of the five Progenitor Daleks.
- Although the Supreme, Drone and Eternal have appeared in The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang, the Strategist and Scientist have not.
- The Strategist Dalek appears to have a colour scheme reversed to the original footsoldier Daleks from 1963-1967. Those had silver bodies with blue orbs while the Strategist has a blue body and silver orbs.
- The model for this Dalek was used to create the Stone Dalek in The Big Bang, but was restored to normal according to an interview.
- The Progenitor Emperor Dalek is blue, which may mean that it is a Strategist for the Dalek Empire. (GAME: City of the Daleks)
- Sylvester McCoy uses the Strategist Dalek to secure a part in the 50th Anniversary Special in The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot.