Deep in the North Sea in March 1942, a submarine is in trouble. It has been hijacked by one of the crew, who has locked the other crew out of the control room. While the others attempt to gain entrance, the Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams arrive in the TARDIS inside the bridge. The Doctor flashes psychic paper and identifies himself as Commander Bond from naval intelligence.
They find a single armed crew member steering the sub towards an alien craft on the sea bed. The alien craft is a Class lll Bandragian freighter — an organic craft left on the sea bed to repair itself. The Doctor watches as the crew member changes his form. He identifies himself as Gein. His craft crashed and, while waiting for it to repair itself, disguised himself as human and has now returned for it to make his way home before the humans find it and possibly change the course of history.
The Doctor offers to help. He gives Gein a lift in the TARDIS to his ship, but when they arrive, they find the ship hasn't finished its repairs. The Doctor offers to take Gein home, but not wanting to leave the craft behind where it might be discovered by the Nazis, uses the functioning controls to adjust the ships biocomposition, turning the organic ship into a delicious and nutritious snack for fish. The TARDIS leaves around the same time the submarine crew re-enter the now empty bridge. They turn the sub around and away from the already decomposing alien wreck on the sea bed.
- The Doctor quickly identifies the craft as a Class lll Bandragian freighter.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 202 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – FEROCIOUS FRIGHTS AND FANTASTIC FACTS!
- No reprints to date.
to be added