Publisher's summary Edit
The New Regency Theatre is haunted and Jago, Litefoot and Leela witness the spirit of someone in a silver wheelchair floating over the stalls. This is the story of Alice — a young woman who had Swan Lake so cruelly taken from her...
to be added
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Alice - Abigail Hollick
- Dan Hawkins - Hywel Morgan
- Steven - Andrew Westfield
- Payne - Philip Bretherton
- Leela states that ghosts are a primitive belief.
- There were numerous productions of Hamlet at the New Regency Theatre, including one starring Sarah Bernhardt.
- At 11:39am on 22 May 1988, the eight-year-old Alice was paralysed from the waist down when a Range Rover crashed into her parents' car. Her parents were killed in the accident.
- Swan Lake was first performed at the New Regency Theatre some time after Jago's death. It was a huge success, selling out the theatre for months.
- The New Regency Theatre was destroyed in the Blitz at 8:47 p.m. on 12 October 1940, by which time Jago was long dead.
Story notes Edit
- This is the first Jago & Litefoot audio drama in which Ellie Higson (Lisa Bowerman) does not appear as well as the only one to feature scenes based in the present day.
- Jago, Litefoot and Leela are investigating a time break in the New Regency Theatre. (AUDIO: The Man at the End of the Garden)
- Leela recalls Jago and Litefoot telling her about Cockney rhyming slang. (AUDIO: Dead Men's Tales)
- Professor Litefoot refers to the events which brought himself and Jago together (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang) and the schemes of Madame Deuteronomy. (AUDIO: The Theatre of Dreams)
- Alice, Dan and Steven's benefactor is Elliot Payne. (AUDIO: Dead Men's Tales)
- Jago prefers to Eleanor Naismith's book coming to life. (AUDIO: The Man at the End of the Garden)
- Leela mentions that Johnny Skipton was transported from 1958 to the 1890s. (AUDIO: Dead Men's Tales)
- The Time Eaters showed Payne how to travel back in time to 2011. (AUDIO: Chronoclasm)