|Swarm of the Zenith|
|Main setting:||Earth, London, 22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 50|
|Release date:||6 August 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 2 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Pawns of the Zenith||Prey of the Zenith|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor and Donna face possessed humans!
When possessed Police officers turn against him, the Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to interfere with the signal they are receiving. The officers collapse to the floor.
The Doctor and Donna make their escape, but outside, all the people are also chanting and turn on them. They cannot reach the TARDIS so they "borrow" a space-car to escape. The Doctor warns Donna that whatever the Zenith is, it has taken over a London population of around twenty-three million people, possibly even the whole world. Suddenly above the city, the space-car's comms system kicks in, and a holographic head chants, "The Zenith will not be denied!"
Having detected the Doctor and Donna, the Zenith cuts power to the space-car and it heads downwards! ...
- The Doctor and Donna fly past a bus bound for Putney Common.
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 2/4 DWBIT 50 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED...!
- No reprints to date.
to be added