|Release date:||March 2014|
Publisher's summary Edit
"Our life span was getting shorter, so our scientists and doctors devised spare parts for our bodies until we could be almost completely replaced."
This lavish publication uncovers their origins, examines all their appearances in the series and interviews the key players in their enduring success. Prepare to be upgraded!
- Kit Pedler: The Modified Man
- The Tenth Planet
- Gerry Davis: The Cyber Controller
- Return to the Tenth Planet – Alexandra Tynan designing the first Cybermen
- The Moonbase
- Morris Barry: Cyber Director
- Animating the Moonbase – for DVD release
- The Tomb of the Cybermen
- Tomb Raiders – The return of The Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Wheel in Space
- Fifty Shades of Silver – The Cybermen in comics with checklist
- The Invasion
- Of Ombudsmen and Cybermats – Kit Pedler in 1969 interviewed and illustrating how scientific speculation inspired Doctor Who 's science-fiction.
- Revenge of the Cybermen
- We are the Cybermen – David Banks, Mark Hardy and Brian Orrell recall being Cybermen in the 1980s
- The Genesis of the Cybermen – Gerry Davis' 1980s prequel to The Tenth Planet
- The Five Doctors
- Attack of the Cybermen
- Ghosts in the Machine - Audio adventures including Marc Platt's Spare Parts
- Silver Nemesis
- 21st Century Cybermen - New age Cybermen
- Rise of the Cybermen / The Age of Steel
- Marching in Time – Cyber choreographer Ailsa Berk
- Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
- The Page of Steel – The Cybermen in novels
- The Next Doctor
- Talking Shop – Writer Gareth Roberts
- Closing Time
- Eliminate All Weakness – Writer Neil Gaiman
- Nightmare in Silver
- The Stuff of Nightmares – Cybermen overview (including cameos, Cyberwoman, Big Finish, other spin-off appearances, cameos, behind-the-scenes facts, and other assorted miscellany which wouldn't fit elsewhere in the book)
- Editor - Marcus Hearn
- Art Editor - Peri Godbold
- Editors for DWM - Tom Spilsbury, Peter Ware
- Special Thanks - Jonathan Rigby, John Ainsworth, Derek Handley
- Managing Director - Mike Riddell
- Managing Editor - Alan O'Keefe
- Head of Production - Mark Irvine
- Production Assistant - Jez Meteyard
- Circulation and Trade Marketing Controller - Kate Wilkinson
- Head of Marketing - Jess Tadmor
- Marketing Executive - Jess Doran
- This bookazine from Panini Comics launched a new and distinct series of special edition guides to Doctor Who in all mediums and was priced £9.99 (UK) running to 116 pages.
- Panini asked Tynan to design a new Cyberman. She submitted a design that "reinterpret[ed] Kit Pedler's original brief using 21st century materials and a more generous budget than had been available in the 1960s". It used features that been dropped at the time, such as seeing the actor's face and hair.
- The contents saw a combination of televised adventure features interspersed with behind the scenes themed articles. Televised adventures were covered by a two-page double page spread each including story feature, Cyber Technology (development of), The Cybermen (the evolution of), Classic Scene and Essential Data (broadcast and credit details).