|Release date:||June 2014|
Publisher's summary Edit
"It's called the TARDIS. It can travel anywhere in time and space. And it's mine."
The Time And Relative Dimension In Space machine has been a constant in Doctor Who since the series began. Yet how much do we actually know about the device that has triggered more than 50 years of adventure?
This richly illustrated publication explores the mysteries of the Doctor's ship and reveals how its numerous versions were created. Get on board for the journey of a lifetime!
- Puzzle Box – the evolving craft
- 100,000 BC (1963)
- How to Fly the TARDIS (First, Second and Third Doctor eras)
- Inside the Spaceship (1964)
- Wheezing Groaning Sounds. Radiophonics memories from Brian Hodgson, Dick Mills and Mark Ayres
- The Mind Robber (1968)
- Toy Box: TARDIS models and other varieties.
- Inferno (1970)
- Hexagonal Heaven Visual effects expert,TARDIS builder and enthusiast Chris Petts.
- The Time Monster (1972)
- The Invasion of Time TARDIS Map
- Logopolis (1981)
- Boxing Clever: Christopher H. Bidmead discusses TARDIS stories of the early 1980s
- Castrovalva (1982)
- How to Fly the TARDIS (Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Doctor eras)
- Frontios (1984)
- Other TARDISes
- Doctor Who (1996)
- Saving Time: The fate of the TV Movie TARDIS console
- TARDIS Evolution: The Coral Console Room
- The Stolen Earth / Journey's End (2008)
- Meanwhile in the TARDIS ... (Minisodes TARDIS coverage with Checklist)
- TARDIS Evolution: The Copper Console Room (Concept designers Dan Walker and Matt Savage and Art director Stephen Nicholas)
- Amy's Choice (2010)
- Being the TARDIS (Interview with Suranne Jones)
- The Doctor's Wife (2011)
- Matters of the Heart (Writer Steve Thompson discusses Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS)
- Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS (2013)
- Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS Map
- Back on the Beat: The new fully functioning police box in Boscombe.
- How to Fly the TARDIS: The latest version of the console
- TARDIS evolution: The Toyota Console (Production designer Michael Pickwoad discusses the design introduced in The Snowmen.
- The Name of the Doctor (2013)
- London Calling: A look at the original police boxes
- Editor - Marcus Hearn
- Art Editor - Peri Godbold
- Editors for DWM - Tom Spilsbury, Peter Ware
- Special Thanks - Jonathan Rigby
- Managing Director - Mike Riddell
- Managing Editor - Alan O'Keefe
- Head of Production - Mark Irvine
- Production Assistant - Jez Meteyard
- Circulation and Trade Marketing Controller - Kate Wilkinson
- Head of Marketing - Jess Tadmor
- Marketing Executive - Jess Doran
- The TARDIS console replica constructed by Chris Petts was unveiled at the Doc Lands @ 50 anniversary Party in London 2013.
- This bookazine from Panini Comics continued a new and distinct series of special edition guides to Doctor Who in all mediums and was priced £9.99 (UK) running to 116 pages.
- The contents saw a combination of televised adventure features interspersed with behind the scenes themed articles. Televised adventures were covered by a double page spread that included story feature, TARDIS Technology, (development of), Outside the Box (TARDIS exteriors) Classic Scene and Essential Data (broadcast and credit details).