Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date:||June 2015|
Publisher's summary Edit
"You are monsters! That is the role you seem determined to play, so it seems I must play mine!"
Horror has been Doctor Who's most constant genre since the Daleks first threatened viewers in 1963. The metal-cased mutants are still notorious, but the programme's shadows are occupied by equally grotesque and disturbing creatures.
This lavish publication reveals everything you need to know about the monsters that have been haunting our nightmares for more than 50 years.
Welcome to the dark side of Doctor Who...
- Warmongers and Criminals
- Exploring the monsters who are motivated by crime and warfare
- Unusual Subjects
- A list of minor warmongers and criminals from the series
- Parasites and Predators
- The most densely-packed category, varying from hostile vegetation to calculating opponents
- Beasts of Prey
- A list of minor parasites and predators from the series
- The Abzorbaloff
- The Animus
- Anti-matter Creature
- Cheetah People
- Dream Crabs
- The Family of Blood
- The Fendahl
- The Flood
- Gods of Ragnarok
- The Great Vampire
- The Mara
- Metebelis Spiders
- Minotaur Creature
- Morpho Brains
- Red Leech
- Seaweed Creatures
- Weeping Angels
- Covering species whose members have survived catastrophe
- Invisible Enemies and Shape-shifters
- Exploring creatures that can change shape, can become invisible and are otherwise hidden
- Slaves and servant
- Covering subservient monsters and henchmen
- Misunderstood Monsters
- Monsters with mistaken intent from the series
- Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
- A list of minor "misunderstood monsters"
- Editor: Marcus Hearn
- Art Editor: Peri Godbold
- Editors for DWM: Tom Spilsbury, Peter Ware
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Production Assistant: Jez Meteyard
- Marketing Controller: Rebecca Smith
- Head of Marketing: Jess Tadmor
- Marketing Executives: Jess Bell, Becci Ireland
- BBC Worldwide, UK Publishing