|Cover date:||9 October 2008|
|Format:||68 pages stapled|
Articles and features Edit
- A Brief History of Torchwood since 1879 by David G Parker
- From Out of the Vaults! Part One by Matt McAllister A look at influences on the series from television.
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Brian Mitchell and Gary Russell Script Editors
- Sarah Lloyd-Gregory Actress who played Carys
- Where's Your Head At? (Q&A): John Barrowman who played Captain Jack Harkness
Comic strips Edit
- Rift War! Part Seven: The Man Who Fell to Earth (11 coloured pages)
Story Archive Edit
- A4 Cover image with Gwen, Jack and Ianto
- A4 Cover image with Owen and Toshiko
- A3 Cover image with Captain's John and Jack
Additional features Edit
- The Hub (News)
- Competition, prizes included
- Editor: Simon Hugo
- Deputy Editor: Neil Edwards
- Comics Editors: Steve White
- Designers: Philip White
- Assistant Editor Sarah Herman
- Admin Assistant: Jen Evans
- Managing Editor: Brian J Robb
Facts included Edit
- Lost Souls was the first Radio Four Afternoon Play to be top of the iPlayer radio charts.
- Torchwood was founded in 1879 by Queen Victoria.
- In Day One, two credited names, Lloyd Everitt as Mikey and Felicity Rhys as Bethan, never made it to screen.
- John Barrowman's birth certificate reads John Scot Barrowman.
Additional details Edit
- Titan Magazines was well known for its range of predominantly American TV tie-in titles that included Lost, Supernatural, Heroes, CSI: Miami, 24 and Prison Break.
- Torchwood: The Official Magazine launched with a glossy cover as a four-weekly title in January 2008. This issue was priced £3.99. (UK) A subscription offer included a saving of 15% on 6 issues (two being 100 pages).
- The next issue page for the one published on 30th October 2008 includes the comment “contents subject to change”
- Aimed at mature fans of the series, the magazines did not shy away from discussions involving sex and violence, topics integral to the success of this "adult" spin-off series from the BBC's more family friendly Doctor Who.