Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||18 February 2010|
|Format:||100 pages bound|
Articles and features Edit
- Director's Commentary: Director Euros Lyn reflects on Children of Earth's Five Days.
- "Take Over Torchwood" : Writing Torchwood. To support a writing competition, Torchwood writers gave some tips. Contributers included: Guy Adams, Trevor Baxendale, James Goss, Andy Lane, David Llewellyn, James Moran, Mark Morris and Steve Tribe.
- Writer's Tales: James Moran talks to Simon Hugo about his work on Children of Earth: Day Three
- Writer's Tales: John Fay talks to Simon Hugo about his work on Children of Earth Day Two and Four
- Beyond the Hub: "What Lies Beneath?!" A look at Underground bases by Kate Lloyd
- "Dedicated Followers of Fashion" Carly Roberts talks to Torchwood costume designer Ray Holman and looks at "cosplay" (costume – play)
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Doctor's Orders: Rik Makarem, who played Dr Rupesh Patanjali, talks to Jayne Nelson
- "Bad Girl": Liz May Brice (who played Agent Johnson and Rhiannon Davies) talk to Simon Hugo
- "Bear Necessities": Bear McCausland, who played Steven Carter (Jack's grandson), talks to Jayne Nelson
- Close-Call: Writer Russell T Davies answers the reader's questions over the phone
Comic strips Edit
- Happy New Year by Sarah Pinborough with illustrations by Adrian Salmon
- Photo Finish by Mark Morris with illustrations by Mike Dowling
Story Archive Edit
- A4 Hub Pin-Up 6: The Team of Jack, Gwen and Ianto
- A4 Concept Corner: More ideas for the 456, designed by Neill Gorton at Millennium FX (2 pages)
Additional features Edit
- The Hub (News) including Gareth David-Lloyd to write comic strip!
- T-mail (Readers Letters)
- Little Reasons Why We Love Torchwood 6: Persistent rumours of a Torchwood Musical!
- Editor: Simon Hugo
- Deputy Editor: Neil Edwards
- Comics Editors: Martin Eden
- Assistant Editor: Mark McKenzie-Ray
- Assistant Editor's Mum: Helen Ray
- Designers: Philip White
- Managing Editor: Brian J Robb
Facts included Edit
- John Barrowman and Russell Tovey filmed the closing scenes of End of Time at the Tiger Tiger bar in Cardiff one afternoon which was also used to film the Captain Jack and John encounter for Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang.
- In TV: Captain Jack Harkness a poster outside the dancehall reads "Vote Saxon". Also in this episode the words "Bad Wolf" and the Preachers' symbol are seen as graffiti inside the derelict dancehall.
- In TV: Captain Jack Harkness Jack claims Tosh is a decoder at Bletchly Park where according to TV: Greeks Bearing Gifts her grandfather worked.
- Bilis Manger was originally conceived as a dwarf. His name came from a joke in the script where Jack tell Bilis he had spelled "manager" wrong on his office door.
- The first section of the London Underground opened in 1863.
- In Torchwood, the Hub's railway at Torchwood Three (Cardiff), once connected Torchwood One (London) and Torchwood Two (Glasgow).
Additional details Edit
- This month's Hub poster is incorrectly numbered 6- again!
- Torchwood: The Official Magazine from Titan Magazines continued to be bi-monthly title with now only six issues a year. Each issue featured 100 pages and cost £4.99 (UK), offering a 15% saving to subscribers.
- Aimed at mature fans of the series, the magazines did not shy away from discussions involving sex and violence, topics integral to the success of this "adult" spin-off series from the BBC's more family friendly Doctor Who.