Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||15 May 2008|
|Format:||68 pages stapled|
Articles and features Edit
- Assembling Fragments with Chris Chibnall Lead Writer on TV: Fragments
- The Fashion Hub with Ray Holman Costume Designer analysis of main characters costumes.
- The Many Deaths of Captain Jack
- Production Notes from Richard Stokes Producer.
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Gareth David-Lloyd Actor who played Ianto Jones
- Andy Goddard Director
- Authors Trevor Baxendale, David Llewellyn and Gary Russell discuss their new Torchwood novels (Something in the Water, Trace Memory, and The Twilight Streets)
- Where's Your Head At? (Q&A): Freema Agyeman who played Martha Jones
Comic strips Edit
- Rift War! Part Two (11 coloured pages)
Additional features Edit
- The Hub (News)
- Including New DVD's, Costume Award win, The Rift Event
- Competition, prizes included
- Series 1 in HD on DVD
- Mr James audio CD read by Gareth David-Lloyd and features audio interview
- Editor: Simon Hugo
- Deputy Editor: Neil Edwards
- Comics Editors: Steve White
- Designers: Philip White
- Assistant Editor Sarah Herman
- Admin Assistant: Hannah Tibbetts
- Managing Editor: Brian J Robb
Facts included Edit
- Torchwood was amongst the first BBC programmes to be filmed in HD.
- Torchwood costume designer Ray Holman won the Best Costume award at the Welsh Bafta Awards on Saturday 26th April (the series was nominated for a further three awards which it didn't win).
- Around 300 fans attended The Rift Event on April 26th April, the first (albeit unofficial) Torchwood Event.
- Originally it was planned that Ianto Jones would die and come back but then it was decided that Owen Harper's loss of "body functionally" would be more dramatic.
- In Series 2, Toshiko Sato's wardrobe was the most varied of the team.
- A brief onscreen count of Captain Jack Harkness's death count in Fragments is 1,392 (and that was then!).
- On her birth certificate Freema Agyeman's first name is spelt with only one "e", the extra "e" being added later as a stage name.
Additional details Edit
- Titan Magazines was well known for its range of predominantly American TV tie-in titles that included Lost, Supernatural, Heroes, CSI: Miami, 24 and Prison Break.
- Torchwood: The Official Magazine launched with a glossy cover, as a four-weekly title in January 2008 priced £3.75 (UK).
- A subscription offer included a saving of 30% on 13 issues, including one special issue.
- Of the 68 pages, 10 were given over to advertising with 8 pages for other titles from the publisher.
- The next issue page for that published on 12th June 2008 includes the comment "contents subject to change".
- Aimed at mature fans of the series, the magazines did not shy away from discussions involving sex and violence, topics integral to the success of this "adult" spin-off series from the BBC's more family friendly Doctor Who.