Final Name Edit
The Series is over, the discussions archived and the article is still called Time Field.
They look like cracks, they were caused by an explosion, they are called cracks on screen and (at least to me it seems that) "Time Field" was just part of some technobabble.
Can this page be renamed please? Or do we have to wait through Series 6 and see who caused them?
184.108.40.206 16:04, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
I'm trying to make a list of uses of "time field" or some variant. Some of these are from finding them on this wiki. It looks like it is being used to describe various timey-wimey effects which may or may not be related.
- TV: City of Death: The Fourth Doctor "crossed the time field" bunches of times. There is a time bubble created by a field generator. Until it is stabilised, the time field could either age or de-age someone depending on the polarity. Scaroth is trying to use it to time travel somehow. There's also something about time cracks. PROSE: The Eight Doctors: time bubbles are a little different.
- AUDIO: Square One: The Monan Host conquered their own ancestors in ten different time periods because their planet had messed up time fields. They harnessed the fields.
- COMIC: Blooms of Doom!: Time spillage is a distortion of the time fields. Time spillage is some kind of time rift here?
- PROSE: Harm's Way: Tosh uses the Rift Manipulator to create a localised time-field to slow down the personal time of an enemy.
- PROSE: Longest Day: Hirath has colliding time-fields making travel dangerous. A ship is aged when it is hit by one.
- COMIC: 4-Dimensional Vistas: Lots of confusing talk about manipulating temporal fields or some time field keeping the Doctor off of the "real" Earth. Parallel universes have different frequencies for this field ... I think. PROSE: Psi-ence Fiction: something about fields from a messed up half a time machine creating paranormal whatsits by generating multiversal loops of technobabble or the other way around. I can't remember.
- COMIC: Signs of Life: Gelezen has some impenetrable time field around it which means the TARDIS ricochets off it. It is hilarious.
--Nyktimos 22:24, April 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Removed DWM: Ship of Fools because the actual comic didn't say "time field". --Nyktimos 19:01, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
- Just to add to the above list:
- TV: The Time Monster: Jo says, to the Doctor's approval and delight, that the time sensor detects disturbances in the time field.
- Now, I dunno if that means we have to change the name of this article. But it definitely means that we've got to greatly expand this article. Looks to me like time field means a whole lot of different things in the DWU.
- Or alternatively, if you don't consider books and comics as canon - there are a mere 2 instances of time field being used, and many more uses of cracks. Even Moffat called them cracks. Can we please just put this to a vote?
220.127.116.11 21:37, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
This is getting seriously dull Edit
Just move it to "The Cracks"! I'm sorry to be rude, but this is the same sort of pedantry that has "Jabba the Hutt" at "Jabba Desilijic Tiure" over on the Star Wars wiki. NOBODY is going to search for "Time Field" unless they've already been on the article and seen that title.--The Traveller 14:31, July 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Your 100% correct, no one WOULD search "time field," would they? Well, it's a good think The Cracks redirects here, or it would actually matter! OS25 (talk to me.) 12:50, December 30, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, so: I was re-watching the episode "Rise of the Cybermen", and it's stated that the TARDIS fell through a "crack in time" to get to the alternate universe. Does this mean that the cracks have existed as early as series 2?
I would just like to point out that in the Time of the Doctor" we saw what the Doctor saw in Room 11 of "The God Complex" and it was one of these cracks, and yet there is no mention of that here. It is currently mentioned in the plot synopsis of "The God Complex. Shouldn't there be an entry on this page about that crack as well? Kremlin16 ☎ 23:04, April 12, 2014 (UTC)