All visitors to this site have sufficient user rights to edit it at some level. However, some editing features are not available to every user. Some more advanced rights exist in order to help new users, help grow the wiki and to prevent spam and vandalism. Below is a description of those "special" rights. Also explained are the policies governing advancement to a particular "level" of user rights.
Unregistered or IP users Edit
- Can read the wiki as well as create new pages and edit unprotected pages.
Registered or logged in users Edit
- Can read the wiki as well as create new pages, edit unprotected pages and semi-protected pages.
- Can customize the appearance and features of the wiki by setting their preferences
- Upload an image or other file to the wiki.
- Bookmark or follow pages to their watchlist.
- Maintain a user profile and talk page.
Administrators or 'Admins' are trusted and experienced users who have a proven edit history and good knowledge of the wiki they edit most frequently on.
- Delete and undelete pages, page histories, images, or files.
- Protect a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by unregistered users (in the case of a semi-protect) or users without admin rights (in the case of full protection).
- Take action with regards to vandalism through enforcing of our vandalism and blocking policies.
- Revert bad edits.
Nominations for user rights Edit
You may request an admin raise your user access level to admin-level access by contacting an admin via their talk page or you can nominate yourself (or others if you so wish) on User rights nominations.
More information Edit
- See Tardis:Questions and guide to requests for adminship for additional questions and information on administrator roles on the Tardis Data Core, the Doctor Who universe Wiki.
- See also WikiaHelp:User access levels and WikiaHelp:Administrators' how-to guide for more information about these roles.
- Special:Listusers/sysop shows the current admins, bureaucrats and staff IDs.
- Special:ListGroupRights lists a lengthier description of all user rights levels used on wikis.