Technophobia was the first story in the The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Volume One, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured David Tennant as the Tenth Doctor and Catherine Tate as Donna Noble.
Publisher's summary Edit
The most brilliant IT brain in the country can't use her computer. More worrying, the exhibits are attacking the visitors, while outside, people seem to be losing control of the technology that runs their lives.
Is it all down to simple human stupidity, or is something more sinister going on?
to be added
- The Doctor - David Tennant
- Donna Noble - Catherine Tate
- Bex - Niky Wardley
- Jill Meadows - Rachael Stirling
- Brian - Chook Sibtain
- Kevin - Rory Keenan
- Lukas - Jot Davies
- Silvi - Rachael Stirling
- Terry / Newsreader / Koggnossenti - Rory Keenan
- Kram - Jot Davies
- Lobo / Koggnossenti - Chook Sibtain
Companions of the Doctor Edit
- Bex asks Donna whether she needs to check on friends and family. However, Donna assumed her mother and gramps would be fine.
Popular culture Edit
- By 2011, most films are 3D. There is also a movie about Justin Bieber.
- Katie Price has a perfume.
- Donna nicknames the malfunctioning paint droid "Metal Michelangelo".
- "User-friendly" is a popular phrase in technology.
- Donna has recently been on a shopping spree in Henrik's.
- The Doctor gets excited by dongles.
- In the early 22nd century, the Robot Olympics began.
- When his sonic screwdriver fails to work, the Doctor works out that it isn't a fault with the sonic. Instead the sonic can't connect to the thought patterns in his failing brain functions.
- The Koggnossenti hub ship transmatted to London from another dimension.
Earth culture Edit
Alien culture Edit
- The Doctor says that robotic art is similar in quality to the work housed in the Eminesence Gallery on Terileptus 9.
- Upon release of this story, Big Finish's website crashed with the sheer amount of internet traffic on their site. The website remained under maintenance for several hours.
- This is David Tennant's first appearance in a Big Finish audio drama since The Wasting in June 2005.
- Originally, this story was intended to be about sleep deprivation. However, when Big Finish sent the script over to Cardiff, they became aware that a TV episode with a similar plot, Sleep No More, was being produced. For this reason, Matt Fitton changed the plot of this story. (VOR 87)
- The Doctor tells Donna that some of his best friends had been robots. (TV: The Invisible Enemy, The King's Demons)
- Donna shows her lack of knowledge and interest in technology. (TV: The Runaway Bride, Journey's End)
- Donna tells the Doctor that she hasn't sneaked a look at any of her future. The Doctor once warned her not to peek at future events during a trip to the Library in the 51st century. (TV: Silence in the Library)
- Before catching up with the Doctor in the museum, Donna decides to go on a shopping spree in a local branch of Henrik's. (TV: Rose)
- The Doctor and Donna are once again mistaken for a couple. (TV: The Fires of Pompeii, Planet of the Ood)
- Donna refers to the Doctor as "Spaceman". (TV: Journey's End)
- When Kevin first enters the TARDIS, he is amazed yet sceptical at the bigger interior of the ship. (TV: An Unearthly Child, Rose) He later tries to rationalise it as a trick "with mirrors", a similar thing was said about another subject matter while the Tenth Doctor and Donna Noble helped Agatha Christie solve a crime on 8 December 1926. (TV: The Unicorn and the Wasp).
- When Donna states that the TARDIS "fizzles in", the Doctor corrects her by attempting to replicate the noise made by the TARDIS. He will go on to attempt to do the same in his eleventh incarnation. (TV: The Time of Angels)
- In order to enter a locked tube station, Donna drives a digger into its shutters. When noticing that she has run over a parking meter, she clearly expresses her lack of remorse. After her travels with the Doctor, Donna would later go on to threaten a parking attendant. (TV: The End of Time)