|Main enemy:||Cybermen, Cyber-Planner|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Nicholas Briggs|
|Cover by:||Stuart Manning|
|Release date:||February 2006|
Telos was the fourth release in the first series of Big Finish Productions' Cyberman audio series and is the final in the first series, a second series was released 2 years later. This story features a return to Telos (or what's left of it): the last story to feature the planet was 1985's Attack of the Cybermen.
Publisher's summary Edit
Now there is a common enemy.
The Earth's government is under Cyber control. The only hope for civilisation is that androids and humans can work together. But the Cybermen intend to activate their Master Hibernation Vault on Telos, releasing billions of Cybermen...
THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR...
to be added
- Paul Hunt - Barnaby Edwards
- Samantha Thorn - Hannah Smith
- Liam Barnaby - Mark McDonnell
- President Karen Brett / The Cyber-Leader - Sarah Mowat
- Prime Reordin - Toby Longworth
- Spavin - Ian Brooker
- Brynner - Samantha Sanns
- The Cybermen / The Cyber-Planner - Nicholas Briggs
- Karen Brett has become the new Cyber-Leader.
- Six months after Karen Brett's mission to Telos, the Earth Senate is demanding that Hunt provides the full details of the Scorpius project. The Cyber-Planner repeatedly tells him that it is waiting to receive the activation signal from hibernation vaults all over the galaxy and that there is nothing to fear.
- Telos was destroyed by a suspected asteroid impact between five and ten years earlier. Given that the planet was in a particularly vulnerable position, cosmically speaking, Spavin believes that the Cybermen may have prepared for this eventuality. Consequently, it possible that the Master Hibernation Vault survived the destruction of Telos.
- Given that Karen Brett is offworld and the Vice President of Earth is "unavailable," Paul Hunt has been granted emergency executive authority by the Earth Senate.
- The XP-900 is an experimental Earth Empire warship which was augmented using Cyber-Technology and pressed into service.
- The chest unit of a Cyberman is vital to the operation of its life support system.
- This audio story was recorded on The Moat Studios.
- The Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Victoria Waterfield previously visited Telos during the 25th century (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen) while the Sixth Doctor and Peri Brown did so in the 27th century (TV: Attack of the Cybermen)
- The renegade Time Lady Iris Wildthyme once claimed to have visited the Cyber-tombs on Telos. (PROSE: The Scarlet Empress)
- The Cyber-converted Karen Brett recalls her final conversation with her parents before their deaths. (AUDIO: Scorpius)