Terminus was a novelisation based on the 1983 television serial Terminus.
Publisher's summary Edit
When the TARDIS console is wilfully sabotaged, the Doctor's time machine becomes dimensionally unstable and begins to dissolve. The area immediately affected is the room where Nyssa is working by herself.
As the creeping instability closes in on her, the TARDIS locks onto the nearest passing spacecraft, and the process of collapse is halted-but there is no sign of Nyssa.
Hoping that she has escaped onto the strangely deserted host liner, the Doctor goes looking for her. Whether or not he finds her, getting back to the TARDIS will be no easy business...
Chapter titles Edit
This book has no named chapters
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The ship is from another universe.
- The Garm was imported from a radioactive planet.
- The raiders prepare for raids with self-hypnosis.
- Olvir turned to piracy when his sister's medical bills broke his family's wealth.
- Turlough tries to kill Tegan.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This was the first in the range to be given a Target Library number (79).
- As a longer novel than usual it had a slightly higher cover price of £1.50 (UK).
- Usually for Target novelisations, this book has no chapters
- Back page includes Fantastic Doctor Who Poster Offer featuring Peter Davison as the Doctor, surrounded by a galaxy of Target novelisations
Cover Gallery Edit
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK