Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Companion(s):||Charley, C'rizz, Samson, Gemma|
|Main enemy:||Davros, Daleks|
|Main setting:||Folkestone, England|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release date:||August 2005|
|Format:||2 CDs - 4 Episodes|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Council of Nicaea||Thicker Than Water|
Publisher's summary Edit
"Welcome back, Doctor..."
Over the years and throughout space, they fought.
It was a fight that ended with the Doctor's destruction of Skaro and the Daleks. Except...
Davros survived. Alone. In the dark. With only thoughts of revenge keeping him alive.
The Doctor is back. Davros is waiting.
Their destiny is now.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- Davros - Terry Molloy
- Harriet Griffin - Julia Deakin
- Samson Griffin - Lee Ingleby
- Gemma Griffin - Lizzie Hopley
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor claims that Agatha Christie once travelled with him.
- The Eighth Doctor had numerous adventures with Samson and Gemma before meeting Charley aboard the British airship R101 on 5 October 1930.
- Davros was brought aboard a Nekkistani time ship and was able to control Gemma and Samson and thus gain access to the TARDIS.
- The Doctor, Samson and Gemma visited the Ice Caves of Shabadabadon, prehistoric Earth, the court of Queen Elizabeth I and Studio 54 during their travels together.
- Big Finish stated that Davros does not become the Dalek Emperor seen in The Parting of the Ways.
- This was the first audio drama to feature Paul McGann as a former Doctor.
- This would be the final Big Finish audio drama released in the main range to feature Davros until The Curse of Davros in January 2012.
- This audio drama was recorded on 25 April and 11 May 2005 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was reissued in 2007 as part of The Complete Davros Collection DVD boxset.
- For Davros, this story is virtually a direct sequel to TV: Remembrance of the Daleks. There are two stories which could be so considered, the other being PROSE: War of the Daleks (see further down for discussion of the continuity of Terror Firma with War of the Daleks).
- AUDIO: The Next Life's last scene runs straight into this story.
- Davros makes reference to the conversation that he had with the Fourth Doctor in TV: Genesis of the Daleks and the Seventh Doctor's destruction of Skaro in TV: Remembrance of the Daleks.
- Charley and the Doctor last encountered the Daleks in AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks. While travelling with the Sixth Doctor, Charley would encounter the Daleks again in AUDIO: Brotherhood of the Daleks and AUDIO: Patient Zero.
- This audio does not actually retcon PROSE: War of the Daleks. Instead, it completely ignores its plot developments.
- Valuensis was previously mentioned in PROSE: The Tomorrow Windows.
- The Doctor mentions that he, Samson and Gemma visited the Ice Caves of Shabadabadon. While in his fifth incarnation, the Doctor had intended to visit them but the TARDIS materialised in the Gogglebox inside the Moon instead. (AUDIO: The Gathering) The Sixth Doctor later intended to bring his companion Peri Brown to see the Ice Caves. Following a brief (and accidental) return to the Gogglebox, they instead travelled to Peri's home town of Fell's Point, Baltimore, Maryland, USA in September 1984 after Peri learned of the murder of Anthony Chambers, the father of her best friend Katherine Chambers. (AUDIO: The Reaping)
- In the midst of his travels with Samson and Gemma, the Doctor also travelled with the 19th century British author Mary Shelley "for years." The fact that he mentioned she was one of his companions in numerous earlier stories such as AUDIO: Storm Warning and AUDIO: Shada would suggest that Davros did not deem it necessary to remove the Doctor's memories of her as her travels with him seemingly did not overlap with those of Samson and Gemma. (AUDIO: Mary's Story)
- Although she encountered the Daleks in the 2050s, Charley had never previously heard of Davros. (AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks)
- Charley realises that Samson is acquainted with the Doctor when he mentions everlasting matches. (AUDIO: Caerdroia, The Next Life)
- The Doctor recalls when he and Davros "worked together" during his sixth incarnation and Davros' subsequent failure to change his ways. (AUDIO: Davros)
- The Doctor, Samson and Gemma visited the court of Elizabeth I in their travels together, as the Sixth Doctor and Evelyn Smythe had previously done. (AUDIO: Thicker Than Water) During his tenth incarnation, the Doctor would encounter Queen Elizabeth I twice (TV: The Shakespeare Code, The End of Time) and married her on the latter occasion (TV: The Beast Below, Amy's Choice, The Day of the Doctor).
- The Eighth Doctor uses the Third Doctor's oft-used phrase, "While there's life, there's hope." (TV: The Dæmons, Planet of the Spiders)
- The Doctor finds his copy of Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Ackroyd with the last page missing, lamenting that he'll never know "who did it". The Eleventh Doctor would prefer to rip out the last pages of books so they didn't have to end as he hated endings. (TV: The Angels Take Manhattan)
- Official Terror Firma page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Terror Firma at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide