|Main setting:||The Doctor's TARDIS|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Nigel Fairs and Louise Jameson|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||11 July 2014|
|Format:||2 Parts, 1 CD|
|Fourth Doctor Adventures|
|Destroy the Infinite||Zygon Hunt|
The Abandoned was the seventh story in the third series of Fourth Doctor Adventures.
Publisher's summary Edit
Deep within the TARDIS, something unusual is happening. One of the ship's oldest secrets is about to be revealed, and once it is, nothing will ever be the same again.
As danger materialises deep within the ship, spectral strangers lurk in the corridors and bizarre events flood the rooms, someone long-forgotten is ready to reappear. The Doctor and Leela are soon to discover that their home isn't quite the safe stronghold they thought.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Marianna - Stephanie Cole
- One - Mandi Symonds
- Two - Andy Snowball
- Three - Nigel Fairs
- The Doctor bought the TARDIS' hat stand in Marrakesh.
- Flutterwings are native to Gallifrey.
- As a child, the Doctor had an imaginary friend named Binker.
- This story was recorded on 14 June 2013.
- The concept of the Point of Stillness featured appeared in the BBV Productions audio drama Guests for the Night, which was also written by Nigel Fairs.
- Marianna refers to Block Transfer Computation. (TV: Logopolis)
- The Doctor refers to the TARDIS' translation circuit. (TV: The Masque of Mandragora, The End of the World)
- The Doctor tells Leela that he borrowed the TARDIS. (TV: An Unearthly Child, Logopolis; AUDIO: The Beginning)
- The Doctor refers to Vincent van Gogh. During his eleventh incarnation, he and Amy Pond met van Gogh in Auvers-sur-Oise, France in July 1890. (TV: Vincent and the Doctor)
- Leela refers to Xoanon. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Leela hears One, Two and Three say, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." The Doctor previously said the same thing to her on Storm Mine 4. (TV: The Robots of Death)
- The Doctor visits the TARDIS' Cloister Room while the Cloister Bell later sounds. (TV: Logopolis)
- Marianna tells the Doctor and Leela that she created the Horda using the power of her mind. Consequently, Leela blames Marianna for the death of her father Sole and the suffering experienced by the Sevateem on her planet due to the Horda. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Leela refers to the janis thorn. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The illusory version of Sole refers to the fact that Leela was named after the Sevateem's greatest warrior. (AUDIO: The Catalyst, Arbitration)