|The Adventures of K9|
|Type:||Illustrated paperback storybooks|
|Release date:||20 October 1980|
- You may be looking for The Adventures of K9 and Other Mechanical Creatures.
The Adventures of K9 was a series of four illustrated paperback storybooks for children written by David Martin and published by Sparrow Books together on 20 October 1980. The four books feature K9, the character Martin co-created. The books were written in conjunction with a planned but unmade K9 animated series. Specifically, the stories feature what is most likely to be K9 Mark I and seemingly take place sometime after the events of The Invasion of Time when the Doctor left K9 on Gallifrey.
The books include prefaces that indicate that K9 is working on behalf of the Time Lords.
A total of four books were published:
Audio books Edit
In 2013 all four stories were released on one audio CD. They were also available as an mp3 download. The stories were read by John Leeson and were published by Explore Multimedia. The Audio CD also included a mulitmedia section with a video interview with John Leeson.
- K9 and the Missing Planet (9:18 minutes)
- K9 and the Beasts of Vega (8:15 minutes)
- K9 and the Time Trap (9:33 minutes)
- K9 and the Zeta Rescue (13:04 minutes)
- Interview with John Leeson (5:00 minutes)
- ↑ Preddle, Jon (October 1994). Affirmative, Master: All you ever wanted to know about K9. Time-Space Visualiser. New Zealand Doctor Who Fan Club. Retrieved on 19 June 2012.